January 2, 2019
I’m Changing the Rules for New Year’s Resolutions
I would like to change the rules for New Year’s resolutions.
Rule number 1: Rather than being me-centered, they all have to be others-centered.
Rule number 2: Rather than making them for a year, let’s make them only for a week.
According to U.S. News, 80% of resolutions fail by the second week of February. So let’s make resolutions for just the first week of January. I think we could keep a one-week resolution.
Think how amazing the first week of January would be if everyone had a one-week resolution that was others-centered!
Could I challenge you to try it? To make a one-week, others-centered resolution in 2019?
Here are 5 ways to make a difference in 2019 (for a week). If you prefer a different suggestion, come up with your own.
1. Write a note of encouragement to someone. (I suggest it be in your handwriting…it tends to feel more personal if it’s handwritten.)
2. Spend 30 minutes with a person who is lonely.
3. Compliment each member of your family.
4. Double the tip for your waiter or waitress.
5. Pray for 7 straight days for someone you know could use your prayers.
Happy New Year Week!
Whatever it takes,